Wool Rug Cleaning
Wool rugs are a popular choice for their durability and beauty, but they also require proper care and cleaning to maintain their appearance and extend their lifespan. Here at New Age Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning we have created and perfected a method of cleaning to restore and maintain your wool rug, we have provided some information for proper care for your wool area rug & some information on the benefits of having us clean your wool rug.
- Natural fibers: Wool rugs are made from natural fibers that require special care and attention during cleaning to prevent damage.
- Absorbent material: Wool is an absorbent material that can hold a significant amount of dirt, dust, and debris. Regular cleaning is important to prevent buildup and protect the fibers.
- Vacuuming: Vacuuming is an important part of wool rug maintenance, as it can remove surface dirt and debris before it becomes embedded in the fibers.
- Deep cleaning: Wool rugs should be deep cleaned periodically to remove dirt and stains that cannot be removed through vacuuming alone.
- Professional cleaning services: Professional cleaning services are often recommended for wool rugs, as they have the knowledge and equipment to properly clean and maintain these valuable pieces.
- Hot water extraction: Hot water extraction is a popular method for deep cleaning wool rugs, as it uses hot water and a cleaning solution to remove dirt and stains from the fibers.
- Steam cleaning: Steam cleaning is another effective method for cleaning wool rugs, as it uses steam to penetrate the fibers and remove dirt and debris.
- Spot cleaning: Spot cleaning is important for removing stains from wool rugs. It should be done immediately after a spill occurs to prevent the stain from setting.
- pH-neutral cleaners: pH-neutral cleaners are often recommended for wool rug cleaning, as they are gentle and will not damage the fibers or dyes.
- Drying: Proper drying techniques are important for wool rugs, as they can be prone to mold or mildew if not dried properly. Air drying is often recommended to prevent damage.
- Sunlight: Direct sunlight can cause wool rugs to fade, so it is important to avoid placing them in direct sunlight.
- Moth prevention: Wool rugs are susceptible to moth damage, so it is important to take preventive measures such as vacuuming regularly and storing the rug in a clean, dry area.
- Rug padding: Rug padding can help to protect wool rugs from wear and tear, and can also make them more comfortable to walk on.
- Value preservation: Proper cleaning and maintenance can help to preserve the value of wool rugs over time, making them a valuable investment for your home.
In summary, wool rug cleaning involves regular vacuuming, deep cleaning, spot cleaning, and professional cleaning services using hot water extraction or steam cleaning methods. Other important keywords include natural fibers, absorbent material, pH-neutral cleaners, drying, moth prevention, rug padding, and value preservation. By understanding these keywords and their importance, you can ensure that your wool rug remains in good condition and adds beauty and value to your home for years to come.
Wool area rugs are a popular choice for home décor due to their natural beauty, durability, and softness. However, like any other flooring material, wool area rugs can accumulate dirt, dust, and other contaminants over time. Regular cleaning of wool area rugs offers several benefits, including:
Improved air quality: Dirty wool rugs can harbor dust mites, pet dander, and other allergens, which can adversely affect indoor air quality. Regular cleaning can help remove these contaminants, leading to cleaner and healthier air.
- Enhanced appearance: Regular cleaning can restore the original luster and beauty of a wool area rug. Removing dirt, stains, and other debris can make the colors of the rug more vibrant and enhance its overall appearance.
- Extended lifespan: Dirt and debris can cause the fibers of a wool rug to break down over time, leading to premature wear and tear. Regular cleaning can help extend the lifespan of the rug by removing these contaminants and preventing damage to the fibers.
- Improved comfort: Wool area rugs are known for their softness and comfort, but a dirty rug can feel rough and uncomfortable to walk on. Cleaning the rug can restore its softness and improve the overall comfort level of the space.
- Cost savings: Regular cleaning can help prevent damage to the rug and extend its lifespan, which can save homeowners money in the long run by reducing the need for costly repairs or replacement.
Overall, regular cleaning of wool area rugs offers several benefits, including improved air quality, enhanced appearance, extended lifespan, improved comfort, and cost savings. It's recommended to have wool area rugs professionally cleaned every 12-18 months or as needed based on the level of foot traffic and other factors.
Fabric Guard Protection
Our Go Clean Green Guard Carpet & Upholstery Protectant, superior anti stain, anti-soiling properties, is designed to coat each fiber with protection, Keeping your Upholstery looking newer, longer with our New Age Upholstery Protector. The triple-action approach repels spills, resists soiling, and blocks stains by forcing liquids up to the surface where they bead up for easy cleanup. Plus neutralizing action minimizes sticky residue other spray cleaners leave behind, making those reappearing, phantom stains a thing of the past. So prepare for life's little mishaps today, and rest assured with New Age Upholstery Protector, your secret stain avenger. New Age Green Guard, is a cutting edge, encapsulation product that contains anti-stain, anti-resoiling properties that neutralize alkalinity residues and limits wicking to carpets and upholstery.Click here to find out more